marketHEIST.com meets CMC Markets Chief Currency Strategist Ashraf Laidi of http://AshrafLaidi.com. In this personal interview, Ashraf reveals how he discovered his passion for why the markets move and how he became one of the top currency analysts in the world. Ashraf remembers one of his teachers at George Washington University who got him deep into studying and understanding the various central banks around the world. Also, Ashraf tells us about how he went from studying central banks to understanding the complex web between the markets which he calls "Intermarket Analysis."
Part 2: HeistLab - Ashraf Laidi talks about the experiences that helped him write his book "Currency Trading & Intermarket Analysis: How to Profit from Shifting Currents in Global Markets"
"Meet the Masters"/3Gurus PLUS Global Trading Webinar Specials
- Ashraf Laidi - Premier Currency Analyst
- Anne-Marie B. - Retail Trader & Trading Coach
- Price Headley PT.1 - Creator of BigTrends.com, Options Guru & Trader Hall-Of-Famer
- Price Headley PT.2 - Creator of BigTrends.com, Options Guru & Trader Hall-Of-Famer
- Jason Goepfert - SentimenTrader.com creator
- Larry McMillan PT.1 - Top Options Guru & Author of "Options as a Strategic Investment"
- Larry McMillan PT.2 - Top Options Guru & Author of "Options as a Strategic Investment"
- Guy Adami - CNBC Fast Money star & Former Head Gold Trader at Goldman Sachs (TBD)
- Jon Najarian - CNBC Fast Money contributor & creator of optionMONSTER.com (TBD)
- Fari Hamzei - Options & Futures Guru and Top Ranked Market Timer (TBD)
About Ashraf Laidi
Ashraf Laidi is Chief Market Strategist of CMC Markets, author of "Currency Trading & Intermarket Analysis" and founder of AshrafLaidi.com. At CMC Markets, Laidi oversees the analysis and strategy functions of key currency pairs as well as decisions and trends of the major global central banks. He is also responsible for educating and informing clients on the essential dynamics underpinning FX, commodity and credit markets.
Prior to joining CMC Markets, Mr. Laidi was an analyst at a United Nations-specialized agency, monitoring global fixed income and equity portfolios. He also served as chief FX strategist at MG Financial Group where he pioneered online FX analysis for retail investors via the creation of the first 24-hour currency portal. His other experience included emerging market fixed income at Reuters and assessing sovereign and project investment risk consulting with the World Bank.
Mr. Laidi provides expert commentary on CNBC, Bloomberg TV, and his insights can be found regularly on the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal.