Part 3: On Quant Trading
Part 3: Fari Hamzei identifies him methods as Quant Trading. Fari explains simply what Quant Trading is and how to do it correctly. In fact, a lot of investors and traders already use similar methods in their buy & sell decision making. He uses a lot of his proprietary designs like Hamzei Analytics' Put/Call Ratio data for options and CI market timing indicators. Fari explains the essence of doing quant (numbers) based analysis and the rules a quant trader must adhere to. Also, Fari recalls a story of a simple trade he made in the early 1980's. The research was analyzed simply on a piece of paper, and the result helped him and his family and friends make a great return on a takeover.
Exclusive interview conversation with market timer Fari Hamzei, Founder of HamzeiAnalytics.com and author of "Master Traders". Mr. Hamzei's work and frequent educational webinars can be found at http://hamzeianalytics.com and his blog http://hamzeianalytics.net
In this exclusive interview miniseries, Fari Hamzei discloses valuable wisdom and experiences though 20+ years of involvement in the markets trading stocks, options, and futures. Sharing in an honest and humble manner, Fari talks about his own tough journey and many others he's seen succeed and fail. Fari explains the changes over time within yourself and your understanding of the markets, and the need to survive in the markets in order to succeed.
Part 1: Evolution of The Three Gurus market educational events
Part 2: Failure & Success
Part 3: On Quant Trading
Part 4: Trading Size
"Meet the Masters"/3Gurus PLUS Global Trading Webinar Specials
- Ashraf Laidi - Premier Currency Analyst
- Anne-Marie B. - Retail Trader & Trading Coach
- Price Headley PT.1 - Creator of BigTrends.com, Options Guru & Trader Hall-Of-Famer
- Price Headley PT.2 - Creator of BigTrends.com, Options Guru & Trader Hall-Of-Famer
- Jason Goepfert - SentimenTrader.com creator
- Larry McMillan PT.1 - Top Options Guru & Author of "Options as a Strategic Investment"
- Larry McMillan PT.2 - Top Options Guru & Author of "Options as a Strategic Investment"
- Fari Hamzei PT.1 "Evolution of The Three Gurus Market Education Evens" - Options & Futures Guru and Top Ranked Market Timer
- Fari Hamzei PT.2 "Failure and Success" - Options and Futures Guru and Top Ranked Market Timer
- Fari Hamzei PT.3 "On Quant Trading" - Options and Futures Guru and Top Ranked Market Timer
- Fari Hamzei PT.4 "Trading Size" - Options and Futures Guru and Top Ranked Market Timer
About Fari Hamzei
Fari Hamzei is frequently quoted by CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business and RealMoney. His book, Master Traders: Strategies for Superior Returns from Today’s Top Traders, published by John Wiley & Sons in October 2006, has already become a bestseller on Amazon trading books space. On January 29th, 2007, Timer Digest ranked Fari tied for THIRD place for the past THREE YEARS in its "Timer of the Year Competition. As of January 18, 2008, Fari is ranked 2nd for the last 90 days and 6th for the last 6 months by Timer Digest.
Fari is a graduate of Princeton University with a BSE degree in financial engineering and studied equity & debt derivatives under financial pioneers Jack Shelton, Ed Thorp, Richard Roll and Bob Geske at the UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management. He was a director of strategic planning at Northrop Grumman Corporation's Aircraft Group and served for eleven years on the Board of Directors of Electronic Clearing House (ECHO).
Hamzei Analytics LLC is in its twelfth year of operations and serves both the professional and institutional traders, while providing custom proprietary analytics to a select group of hedge fund managers.