What You’ll Get
Free trader interview with Timothy Sykes, probably the most recognizable face for trading penny stocks. Tim Sykes was a “young gun” trader that took the stock traders by storm known for turning his $12,415 bar-mitzvah money into $1.65 Million between 1999-2002 by specializing in shorting penny stocks. Tim started a hedge fund in 2003 but went out of business in 2007 due to an illiquid investment. Recently Tim has returned making that money back publicly on Covestor and determined to repeat his former success and teach others the same skill specific to penny stocks by uncovering stocks with poor company fundamentals just waiting to fail. Tim Bourquin of TraderInterviews discusses with Tim Sykes about Sykes’ trading methods and asks why he decided to specialize in this strategy of shorting penny stocks. Tim and Tim also talks about Sykes’ foray into the online trading communities through blogs, social investing sites like Covestor, and other internet campaigns to show his skills and educate people about his methods.
*Full transcript and download of the MP3, along with 200+ other trader interviews are available to members of TraderInterviews.com
- Shorting penny stocks
- Finding stocks that are good shorting candidates
- Why short selling penny stocks was illegal
- Exposing penny stock company SEC filings, scandals, and investor fraud
- Tim Sykes’ general trading execution strategies: entries, exits, stops, targets, and time frames.
- Watching for clues with false promotions, not standard technical analysis
- Finding stocks and enough shares to short